How to Take Photos on Your Digital Device
Tuesday, December 10, 2019 • 2:00 - 4:00 PM
This class is the first in a series where you will learn the basics of your iOS (Apple) or Android (Samsung, LG, Huawei, etc.) mobile device camera. It is designed for people who:
• Want to express your creativity using the camera you always have with you—your phone
• Don’t want to mess with bulky cameras/lenses and complicated settings to take awesome photos
The class is part lecture and part hands-on experience with enough time for questions and answers. This class will not address how to edit, organize and/or share your photos. These topics will be discussed in future classes.
This course will teach you about the camera’s features, settings and adjustments and how to take basic photos, including:
• Locating and starting the camera
• The different kinds of photos that you can take
• How to take a zoom photo
• How to apply different effects to your photo right from the camera
• How to use “Burst Mode” for action shots and the timer for low light shots
• How to take a photo quickly without unlocking your phone
• How to set and lock the focus point for sharper images
• How to save your photos to your device
This class will also provide you some tips on composition to help make your photos look better, including:
• The Rule of Thirds
• Using leading lines to create images with depth
• Shooting from different perspectives for more unique images
• How to use the “HDR” to create a more evenly exposed photo
To make the best use of this workshop, you should bring the mobile device (phone or tablet) that you would like to use to take pictures. It is assumed that you have a basic working knowledge of how to use the mobile device.
The program will be at the First Presbyterian Church: 201 So. 21st Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103; MacColl Room. The entrance is on 21st Street. There is an elevator for handicapped accessibility. Please let us know in advance if this is needed.
This program is free for Penn’s Village members and volunteers. Other guests are welcome to attend three programs before joining and/or volunteering. A $10 donation to Penn’s Village from each guest per program will be most appreciated. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 925 7333. If you cannot attend, please cancel your reservation to make room for others.